You've seen this before, right? A lesson in eating well:
You are what you eat -
So don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake.
I choose to eat well - for my health and happiness. But, more often than not, I need what I eat to be fast and easy.
Why? I'm busy. I have two jobs - and I'd also like to have a life. When I decided to start eating a whole-food plant-based diet, I needed the food to fit into my lifestyle. When I first switched over to this way of eating, my most common lunch (that I packed for work or made on my days off) was a fast and easy salad concoction: beans, greens, veggies, grains - and a splash of a really delicious dressing.
I've since gotten a lot more comfortable in the kitchen, but today's lunch is no different. It took me about three minutes to make, it's easy and fast (so you can get back to doing what you love to do) and it's a nutrition powerhouse. Check it:
Wanna make this salad? Grab a bowl. Here we go:
- Fill the bowl with dark leafy greens. I used spinach and arugula.
- Sprinkle with nuts/seeds. I used raw slivered almonds and sunflower seeds.
- Dice up and add half an avocado and half a tomato.
- Sprinkle on a few dried cranberries.
Dressing? Grab another bowl.
- Drizzle in a small amount of cold-pressed extra virgen olive oil.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinagrette and a squeeze of dijon mustard.
- Mix well with a fork and drizzle over your salad - to your liking.
YUM. Like it? Let me know in the comments below!