Creamy Red Bell Pepper Sauce With A Kick
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 carrot, diced
1 small potato, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup water
Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt coconut oil in medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add carrot, red bell pepper, and potato. Stir.
- Stir in smoked paprika, cayenne, and sea salt.
- Sauté until warmed throughout.
- Add water and continue to allow veggies to cook until just soft.
- Remove from heat and pour into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
This made enough to coat 2 1/2 cups of my favorite 100% organic brown rice pasta in creamy deliciousness. Perfect as a side - or a meal!