This is the simplest recipe ever - and super delicious! Get yourself some beets and throw these together for a snack or a side. Easy peasy.
Not nearly as good for you as fresh pressed juice, which is what I'd originally intended to do with my beets, but these babies are delicious. A fun treat from time to time!
1 tablespoon healthy cooking oil
sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 385F.
- Use a mandolin slicer to slice very thin slices of beet.
- Place the beet slices in a bowl, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of healthy cooking oil. I recommend an oil that can withstand high temperatures, like coconut oil (make sure the beet is room temperature, or the coconut oil will harden when it hits the cold flesh of the beet) or avocado oil.
- Lightly sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, mixing to evenly distribute.
- Place beets on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip each beet, and continue to back for about 10 minutes, checking frequently at the end to avoid burning!